Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Stitch Fix - Fix #3 July 2015

Stitch Fix is a monthly styling subscription service. When you sign up you fill out a surprisingly in-depth Style Profile about your sizes, your style, and pricing preferences, and then your personal stylist sends you 5 items to try once a month. This can include or exclude accessories as well (although I opted out of this option).  The fee for this service is $20, and that includes FREE shipping and FREE returns. If you decide to keep any of the items they send you, you get to deduct the $20 fee from the total. (If you decide to keep all five items in your "fix", you also get a 25% discount!) 
Once your Fix is delivered, you get to try them all on and decide if you want to keep any of the items or send them back in the prepaid return envelope.  Whatever you keep, you pay for.  If you don't like anything, you send it all back and you are just out the $20 styling fee.
My friends have been trying to talk me into Stitch Fix for months and I just wouldn't take the leap.  After losing all of my pregnancy weight, and having no new clothes and ZERO time to go shopping now that I'm busy with a 1 year old, I finally decided that I deserved this little package of happiness to be delivered to my door.

I was busy this week and didn't have time to make myself presentable and take pictures in the clothes. Sorry! My evenings have been full of baby showers, Pretty Little Liars, and UnReal and I have been lazy in the hair/makeup department this week.  I blame by underactive thyroid.  I will eventually upload a picture of the one thing I kept, since I have more time to take that one :)

Anyways, on to the Fix!
Stitch Fix - Fix #3

Renee C Morsey Crochet Trim Top - $48



Thoughts: I loved this right out of the box! I love pink and I loved the little detailing around the trim.  Unfortunately it was too tight in my bust area (which is a surprise since I stopped breastfeeding and am quite small now!)
Verdict: Sent back, sadly.

Pixley Sheryl Back Cutout Detail Top - $54

Thoughts: This had potential.  I didn't like that I would have to wear a strapless bra, and the material was kind of see through which I am not a fan of.  Ultimately it was too short for my long torso so that sealed the deal.
Verdict: Sent back.

41Hawthorn Neilson Halter Blouse - $54


Thoughts:  I immediately wasn't a fan of the material, but I did try it on.  Still didn't like the material on me and the fit didn't do anything for me either. 
Verdict: Sent Back.

Skies Are Blue Enna Short - $44

Thoughts:I specifically asked for some shorts in this fix and I appreciate that my stylist listened.  I loved the style of these! The little bow on the front is too cute.  Not a fan of the horizontal stripes though or the bland coloring.  I wanted something more colorful or maybe a fun print.  I did like the fit however.
Verdict:  Sent back.

Gilli Mitchel Maxi Dress - $78

Thoughts:  Another maxi! Yay! I love when my stylist looks at my Pinterest board and delivers! I pinned this dress in a different color, and she sent me this fun teal version.  The cutout on the back sealed the deal.  Adorable.  Not something you can find at Target, and it fit me perfectly.  Once I get some color this will look amazing.
Verdict:  KEPT!

Fix #3 was pretty great! The maxi was perfect for my style and an easy keep decision.  The shorts were so close to making the cut, but ultimately I wanted something more fun than bland horizontal stripes.

If you decide you want to give Stitch Fix a try yourself, please sign up via my link! Keep in mind that your fix will be totally tailored to your style and my fix doesn't reflect what you would receive at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)