Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Grant - 5 months!

 
 

He is almost half a year old! I cannot believe it.  My sweet tiny baby is turning into a little man before my eyes.  When I look at him now it's hard to believe he was ever the tiny, less than 6 lb baby that we brought home from the hospital. He's so healthy and full of life! His personality is just shining through and I can already tell that Grant has such a sweet, sweet soul.  His eyes are so kind and his smile is so precious.  When he smiles, his eyes light up his whole face and it warms my heart.

Can I just take a minute to reflect on much he has grown?  It's crazy!
This month he celebrated his first Halloween.  We decided we didn't want to go the traditional route with a baby costume (the thick, hot animal costumes).  Can I just say that they need to offer more costume options for babies?  And in Texas we don't have cold weather in October, so offer some thin material costumes while you're at it.  We decided to dress Grant up as Phelps, circa the Beijing Olympics.  We got quite a few laughs at the church fall festival :)


And the stats:

Age: 5 months

Weight:
  17 lbs!

Eye Color:
Looks like a mix of hazel and brown right now.

Clothes:
PJs: 6/9 months, Onesies: Can still squeeze into 3M, but 6M are roomier.

Diapers:
  Size 2

Milestones:
  *Amuses himself by playing with hands and feet
*Turns towards sounds
*Will look for me when I'm talking in a room
*Can sit on his own for a few seconds
*Can stand in his jumperoo now!
*Discovered his toes
*Puts things in his mouth
*Bears his weight in standing position
*I think he laughed - it kind of turned into a cry so I'm not sure!
*Tries to grab bottle when he sees it and pull it into his mouth :)
*Sleeps with 1 arm out of the swaddle now! Working on getting both out.

Best Moment(s) This Month: His personality has really come out this month.  He reacts so much to us now and he smiles and plays.  He's at such a fun age!

Loves: *Bouncing around
*Standing up
*Chewing on his hands
*Playing with his feet
*Staring at his hand
*Eating
*Going outside

Hates: *Tummy time (he refuses to even roll over now, just lays there face down until I turn him over lol)
*Bumbo - he only lasts about 2 minutes in this thing.
*Being left to play by himself for too long (he lets you know when he's ready for you to play with him!)

Food:   I am still pumping and giving him 100% breastmilk. After his 4 month appointment we got the go ahead to start introducing solids.  I tried oatmeal cereal and he HATED it.  Absolutely hated it.  I gave him rice cereal and he was a little more receptive, but still not a huge fan.  I tried mixing it with a little apple or banana and he still wasn't very interested.  I tried apple and banana alone and he wasn't into it so I let it go for a couple of weeks.  Last night I gave him sweet potatoes, and he LOVED them! I included a snippet of the sweet potato love at the bottom of this post :) 

Looking Forward To: Hearing a good long belly laugh. Seeing him sit by himself.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)