Pregnancy (40) Baby (24) Kids (11) Marriage (9) Crafts (8) Stitch Fix (6) Vacations (5)

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Deep thoughts...


Recently, there has been a lot of news coverage and Facebook posts about genetic birth defects and babies who pass away soon after birth.  Having just had a baby myself, these stories absolutely break my heart.  Tears pour down my face each time I read the stories or watch a video and I cannot imagine the heartbreak that those parents go through. I usually end up cuddling with Grant after reading the sad stories and just kissing his sweet face.

Early in my pregnancy, around week 7, I started bleeding and called my husband crying convinced I was having a miscarriage.  I remember sitting in the bathroom crying my eyes out, alone and devastated.  Thankfully the bleeding stopped after a few days and a follow up appointment showed that the baby was fine, although there was no explanation for the bleeding.  At each follow up ultrasound my husband and I waited to hear the reassuring words, "everything looks great" just to put all of our fears to rest.  I have felt the intense fear that I was losing my baby, but I was lucky that it was a false alarm and things turned out okay.  I carried my baby to term and he is now a happy and healthy 4 month old.

I cannot imagine what these parents go through knowing they will deliver their baby only to have a few hours or days with them.  I know that it must involve a lot of prayer and strength from God, family, and friends to make it through such a sad situation.

Babies are truly a special gift from God and I thank Him every day for giving us Grant.  He answered our prayers for a child and blessed us with Grant and his sweet spirit.  My heart goes out to all of the parents struggling with difficult pregnancies and sick children.  It reminds me that life is precious and it shouldn't be taken for granted.

So today I am praying for all of those out there dealing with these heart breaking situations and thanking God for Grant and his health.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think :)